If you misssed our wonderful tour in October, 2019, then do not fret! It’s on again in 2020!
Quilter’s tour of North India and Gujarat – October 6-19, 2020
A bespoke tour of Northern India and Gujarat at the best time of the year, especially designed for quilters, textile and embroidery enthusiasts!
Our friends at Shakti Holidays and The Square Inch have curated this splendid tour designed to give you an immersive cultural experience in incredible India. We will visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Kutch and Mumbai. Each location has been hand picked to ensure you visit the most important monuments, experience the culture of different parts of India and enjoy specially designed workshops, learning from local artisans.
Come and indulge in this boutique experience, staying in amazing hotels, travelling in air-conditioned comfort and accompanied by an experienced host throughout your journey. Make new friendships, interact with the local artists, enjoy local cuisine and gain an appreciation for ancient traditions, art, textiles, embroidery and quilting. There is time to explore these exotic locations and lots of time for shopping for silks, quilting fabrics, trims and thread! This unique tour has been paced to ensure you enjoy each location and workshops with locals like Bagru (mud block resist printing), Kalamkari (fabric printing), Ajrakh (block printing) and Dadhki (quilting). There will also be demonstrations by local artists in the walled city in Jaipur and in the colourful region of Kutch. The tour includes international* and domestic flights, all meals and accomodation, entry to monuments, all transfers and workshops.
Not a quilter? Don’t let that stop you from being part of this wonderful experience. We actively encourage partners to join this tour as the majority of touring activities are common to everyone. Special arrangements for alternate activities can be organised for those who don’t want to participate in the workshops. We can promise you that the block printing and Kalamkari workshops are a whole lot of fun!
- Visit Delhi, Agra, Fatehpur Sikhri, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Kutch and Mumbai
- International return economy flights ex-Sydney (*other departure locations can be arranged)
- Domestic flights in India
- All transfers in air-conditioned coaches
- Accomodation in 4* plus hotels as per itinerary on twin share basis (single supplement available)
- All meals and 3 bottles of mineral water pp per day
- All monument entrance fees & local guides as per itinerary
- All workshops including materials as per itinerary
- Experienced tour escort and guide throughout the tour
- Indian GST